Homa – Centre for Human Rights and Business has the honor of announcing the release of “Homa Publica – International Journal on Human Rights and Business”, the first specific Journal on the theme in Brazil, with the goal to contribute to the construction of this academic field, and to encourage the publishing of works of Brazilian and international researchers.
The journal is continuously open for submissions of works, papers, case studies and book reviews about any subject directly or indirectly related, to the academic field of Human Rights and Business.
Suggestions of directly and indirectly themes related to Human Rights and Business (non-exhaustive list) are shown below:
- International Agenda on Human Rights and Business (Process of elaboration of an international biding instrument on Human Rights and Business; Supervision of the implementation of the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights; Supervision of the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights activities; People’s Treaty; Civil Society’s International Articulation on the theme; Human Rights and Business and International systems for protection of Human Rights);
- Public Funding and Large Enterprises (Financing policy of the BNDES and other development banks, Public-Private Partnerships, financial entities responsible for Human Rights violations)
- Concrete cases of Human Rights violations by companies worldwide and in Brazil;
- Human Rights, Business and Gender, Race and Sexuality issues;
- Social Movements and Human Rights violations;
- Critical Theory of Human Rights;
- Judicial and Extrajudicial mechanisms of business accountability for human rights violations
Works of all fields of knowledge will be accepted, with no limit to the number of authors per work. Works from undergraduates, graduates, masters, will be accepted as long as co-authored with Doctors. For individual works, Doctorate level is required.
The first edition is to be released in June/July 2016. For publication in this first issue, works must be submitted until April 10th, 2016.
For our Editorial Policy please check: homacdhe.com/journal